Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How did I miss this!?!

I admit that I love slideshare.net - it's a terrific place to research various topics and see what presentations are out there of interest. Of course you can't receive the full benefit of hearing the presenter, but in many cases you can get great information even though you weren't in the room. Be careful, though, you can easily lose an hour (or six) browsing!

And yet I missed this.

I love all things Disney, and have done several presentations about Disney culture, creativity and their fantastic customer service. All can relate to the work of fundraising professionals. The whole topic fascinates me, and the fact that I hadn't seen this presentation in the past is beyond explanation.

It's been on Slideshare for THREE YEARS and I didn't see it before today? Insane.

The word 'best' is overused, and I'm as guilty as anyone of that, but for now I'm declaring this the BEST. SLIDE. DECK. EVER. I love it.

Roy Blumenthal, you are a genius. Thank you for this, it made my day!


By the way, in addition to the amazing creative quality of this presentation, it's full of important information. I just returned from visiting the Mouse himself and owe y'all a post on The Disney Way (I actually owe you one from last year too) and this may motivate me to get started on it.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

BatesCainelli said...

Jeff, the Disney one isn't bad, but also recommend you check out Reed Hastings' presentation on Netflix and their culture. IMHO much better than Disney's.

http://www.slideshare.net/reed2001/culture-1798664

Jeff Lindauer said...

Interesting stuff and I like a bunch of his thoughts and Netflix culture - I still think the Disney presentation is prettier :)

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics